- ATTENDANCE limited to the first 20 people who pre-register. Online streaming is being coordinated for those who can not attend (more info to come regarding this).
- Absolutely NO WALK-INS ALLOWED. If you don't get a confirmation of your registration, then you can access the event via on-line streaming.
- Social Distancing guidelines will be in-place to include face masks and hand sanitizer.
- EVERYONE who enters the Halff building MUST WEAR A MASK and sanitize/wash their hands upon entry (hand sanitizer will be available at the front door).
- EVERYONE must self-screen for symptoms before entering.
- Follow social distancing guidelines, includes signage around the office directing max capacity and one-way hallways.
In this presentation, we will go over:
- amine unit solvents and chemistry
- amine solvent foaming, losses and recovery
- amine unit process optimization and troubleshooting
David B. Engel, Ph. D., Technology Director, Amine Optimization
David has over 25 years of industrial experience in a variety of areas ranging from chemical synthesis, pharmaceutical chemistry, sensors, light to energy conversion, membranes, nanotechnology, security technology, analytical methods, chemical additives, combinatorial chemistry and process separation technologies.
David is the co-inventor in 21 United States Invention Patents on various subjects relating to technology development. David has completed a number of technical projects, plant troubleshooting visits and business development initiatives for Eastman Kodak, Porous Media, Pentair, General Electric and Sulphur Experts in Latin America, Europe, Middle East, US and Canada regions. He has authored several papers and seminars on a variety of subjects. Recently David has focused on enhancing process efficiency, plant profitability, and equipment reliability with reduced use of resources.
David has a unique combination of technical and analytic skills for troubleshooting. He has distinctive capabilities and expertise at the interface of process engineering and chemistry. This enables David to perform accurate root-cause analysis and develop sound practical solutions.
Currently, David is the Managing Director and CEO of the Nexo Solutions holding companies in addition to Board of Directors at IntelliChem Technologies, Exion Systems and Amine Optimization Company. David is also a member of the Editorial Board for Elsevier Publishing in the field of Chemical Engineering, Filtration and Separation, Committee Member at the American Filtration & Separations Society Southwest Region, Expert Witness in several platforms and member of the GPA Midstream Section M.
1201 N. Bowser Road
Richardson, TX 75081